learning outcomes - graduate studies in education
knowledge - Respond with understanding to the depth & complexity of human experience; develop a sense of vocation
- explain current developments in their teaching fields.
- articulate ways schools and teachers have responded to the challenges and opportunities of diverse social environments.
- frame curriculum in developmentally appropriate ways.
- describe models of school change in reference to the need for teacher leadership
- describe educational missions in personal and institutional terms.
skills - recognize, define, and solve problems
- respond flexibly and coherently to classroom problems
- assess the effectiveness of instruction and interpret student response and work.
- access and apply best practice techniques in the classroom.
- form collaborative networks for problem solving in and beyond the classroom.
- develop and carry out research projects, which directly affect student learning.
dispositions - take moral responsibility; assume leadership
- respond positively to the opportunities, challenges, and issues of diverse environments.
- value opportunities to supplement personal knowledge through new and imaginative research.
- form, articulate, and defend personal and collective senses of mission.
- form supportive learning communities in their buildings and classrooms.