When a parent files a case for custody of their child, they strive to win. They are ready to cross any hurdles to become a custodial parent. They will try all means to convince the judge to state the case in their favor.
Here are few pointers to help you in getting the custody of your child:
- Hire an experienced lawyer having years of experience in dealing with divorce as well as providing custody of child to their client. The attorney will surely know all the legal aspects applied to have the case in your favor.
- Gain more information from the person who has already won the case of custody. Their personal experiences while following their legal custody battle will help you to take legal steps in proper way without hindering your chance to win.
- Study the custody laws to know more about the right ways to adopt for winning the custody of your child or children. Even online sources like posts forwarded by people who have fought for the same kind of legal case will aid in having detail information of the court procedures.
- While filing the custody make sure that you have filled every form correctly as per the instruction of your appointed lawyer. If you are fighting your own battle, then best to ask the clerk or other employed person in the court to help you in filling the required forms correctly.
- Be fully prepared with the required proof and information favoring you as the best parent to care for your child. You will be asked various queries regarding the ways you are going to adapt for your child positive upbringing. Don’t be tensed while answering the judge questions and be calm while explaining in the court about why you consider yourself to be better parent to take care of your child.
- You can pattern a list about the matters you need to court to note favoring your winning the case. Make sure not to miss the case dates or postpone the dates as it may surely indicate that you don’t deserve your child to grow under your guidance.
- You need to be patient. Never try to speak while the judge explains his/her views regarding the parent best suitable to take care of the child. You can speak your thoughts after the judge rest his/her case.
However, if unfortunately you lose the custody case, don’t be disheartened. You can again appeal for the custody of your child in later date to reconsider their decision. Meanwhile you need to do everything favoring the earlier decision to be cancelled and you become the custodial parent.
You need to consult a good reliable family lawyer practicing in your locality to assist in winning the legal dispute to have your child live along with you permanently. The other ways to adopt are provide character certificate of yours, show the statement proving that you are financial stable to provide decent living for your child and can afford to provide all the educational facilities in the favor of child growth.